Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thrift store score!

I discovered a new thrift store here in town! It's located at the end of town in a strip section of stores. It looked pretty bad from the outside, so I never went in. Well, the other day, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to give it a look...what a treasure trove! The place is packed floor to ceiling with stuff! And there are two little old ladies, with their dogs, sitting in the midst of it all puffing away on cigarettes like smoke stacks! It may be a good thing that I can't stay in there long (due to the thick haze of cigarette smoke!)otherwise I might have to get a second job!
I think I scored pretty nicely, here's what I got!
A hand stitched tablecloth:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Three vintage city plates for my kitchen walls, a beautifully woven picnic table tablecloth, two vintage hand embelished pillow cases and two vintage orange pillow cases that I'm going to make into an apron, and a set of white linen napkins!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A small set of vintage tableware that goes nicely with my hand made tablecloth!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
...and I only spent 15 bucks!

No comments: