Friday, November 9, 2007

My dress form

Another thrifting adventure turned up this great dress form for 10 bucks! Not only was it a steal, but it was my size! Up til now, I've not been able to find a dress form that wasn't a size 2!
As soon as I got home, I stripped off the old cover
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and recovered it with some fabric from the dollar bin at Walmart. I have to admit, that was the HARDEST project I've done in a long time! I thought I'd just spray it down with adhesive and smooth on the fabric....NOT!
I soon realized that you cannot just put a flat piece of fabric onto a form with curves and bumps! Took me all day and most of the evening to get in on...but it was worth it!
I think it rocks!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: