Thursday, May 8, 2008

Vintage Smock Pattern

This month on Sew, Mama, Sew they are doing a "sew along" using a FREE vintage smock pattern. I just love aprons and smocks, especially vintage patterns, so I went and got some funky fabric and trim and whipped up this jewel in just under two hours!

The pattern and video tutorials are VERY easy to follow! It's a handy little smock to wear around the house or out in the garden. Perfect little pockets are just the right size for your cell phone, or tissues to wipe little one's runny noses (which is great because now I can stop carrying them in my bra strap!)

Even added a little bling-bling in the back!

2 comments:

jessica said...

Oh I love it! Great fabric too.

I like your new blog layout!! I checked your husbands site and WOW!! He's incredible! I wish he had done my wedding pictures.

Therese said...

I love your fabric. I am going to make one too once I have finished the children's winter clothes. Sewing the pinafore has given me a sewing bug again. I have all kinds of projects in mind.