Monday, July 7, 2008

The bane of my existence!


I have a test to take on Thursday. It's called Advanced Cardiac Life Support or ACLS. Let me put it mildly...I'd rather take a beating with a baseball bat than take this test! Yes, I'm a nurse and should know this stuff, but I'm a LABOR AND DELIVERY nurse. Big difference. BIG! I've been dreading this for months (and I should have studying, I know, I know) but reading this stuff is like reading Chinese! I've delivered babies for 17 years and now they want me to know algorithms, cardiac rhythms and medications!!! If I wanted to learn all that crap I would have been an ICU nurse!
I figure I can approach this thing three ways:
1. Cry like a baby.
2. Answer their questions with questions. For example, if the instructor asks me what I would do for pulseless electrical activity I will quickly ask him what he would do to deliver a breech baby. That should throw him for a loop!
3. Be the new best friend of the smartest person in the class. I'll make a pit stop by the local coffee shop for a mocha and donuts for two!
Well, I'm off to study and probably won't be back to blogging until the hellish torture is done. Prayers would be much appreciated!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

If anyone can do it, it's you JoAnn! I'll be praying for you.

Therese said...

many prayers. If it was me, I would opt for cry like a baby.