Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We dodged a bullet!


Thank the Lord that tropical storm Edouard did not pack too much of a punch! Houston and the surrounding area got some much needed rain, but thankfully little to no damage was done. We were prepared for power outages and possible high winds, but didn't see any of either. Here in our neck of the woods, we didn't get any more than a sprinkle (there was a forecasted 3-6" of rain!) The day was overcast and cool with a nice breeze.
After dinner, the boys settled in for a movie...The Simpson's Movie:


Now I can't get the "Spider Pig" song out of my head!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I am really happy your family dodged a bullet, but I am laughing my head off right now over your Ernie/Bert Security alert. That is the funniest thing I have seen. Heck that makes a whole lot more sense than the current system in place at airports.