Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Saving lunch!

So my NyQuil fog cleared yesterday and I set about making some Ezekiel bread. It turned out to be an EPIC FAIL! The taste was really good, very nutty and hearty, but the texture was like chewing cardboard slathered in wallpaper paste...it was awful! I wrapped it up and put it in the fridge thinking I would use it to feed the birds, then I thought, why not make croutons out of it?

I got out my hacksaw, um...serrated knife and cubed it up:

Melted a little butter and combined that with garlic powder and parm. cheese:
Tossed that with the bread and baked at 350 for about 45 minutes.

While the bread was toasting I went out to the garden and picked some lettuce.

Some baby spinach...

And some radish...

Voila, lunch!

And I'm going to need all the energy I can get! I have four days worth of laundry and general cleaning to tackle...

...ummm, on second thought, Doug where did you hide the NyQuil?


No comments: