Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Vampires Beware!

We love garlic around here and I put it in almost everything. Sometimes, though, that raw bite of garlic can be a little too overpowering so I try to keep roasted garlic on hand. It's so simple to do a big batch. Cut the tops off of a few heads of garlic and pour a bit of olive oil on top. Wrap up in a foil pocket and place in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.

Once the heads are cool enough to handle, squeeze them into a container and top with a bit of good olive oil. It can sit on your counter for several weeks.

Roasted garlic is very sweet. It's a wonderful addition to just about any recipe. I really like it added to bread dough, like pizza crust or food processor french bread.
Plus, garlic has lots of health properties!

That reminds me...I need to pick up a tin of mints next time I go to the store!

No comments: