Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's for dinner?



I got up early this morning and started planning out my day. When I was pondering what to make for dinner (that's what I get for not menu planning this week!) I couldn't think of anything that sounded good. Thinking I would put it off until later, I went to check on our garden.

Looks like our gracious Lord planned our meal for us!



We'll be having stuffed peppers, roasted eggplant, and lima beans!

Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts which we are about to receive from Thy bounty through Christ our Lord.
Amen.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Amen on that one, JoAnn.

We're hoping to get our fall garden in this weekend. Weather permitting, of course. I got a six pack each of broccoli and cauliflower, and six six packs (a flat) of Early Jersey Wakefield cabbage.

It is still wet here today, and so if DH can get out there and mow it will be a minor miracle. But the garden center (a small locally run family place) had their cold crops on sale for 1/2 off. So I didn't want to wait and risk not being able to get anything at all, much less anything decent.

Glad to see your garden still producing. It's 50 something here today, and I can definitely feel it!