Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Grow your own celery from a cutting!

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it!
Want to grow your own celery but don't want to wait weeks for seeds to grow? Next time you go to the store to buy celery, use the cut end to grow your own!


Once you cut the root end of the celery, soak it in warm water for 1-2 days:

Next, plant the root about half way in some rich composted soil
(celery is a big feeder!) and keep soil moist.

Here is my celery root after one week,
see the spouts coming up from the middle?



And here it is after two weeks~
Bright green and healthy stalks shooting up from the cut root!


I really had no idea this was possible,
but now it's got me wondering what else will grow!


Hmmmm...


1 comment:

mind_84 said...

Hi JoAnn. You can also grow lemon grass this way. -Minda