Monday, August 16, 2010

More leaf castings

Kyle and I made a few more leaf castings with plants from the yard. I think this week we'll venture out in the woods for some exotic finds. Our caladium leaves turned out so beautifully, I don't know whether to paint them or not!

Here is our elephant ear birdbath:

And one of two banana plant leaves:

We tried casting some of our fig leaves but the surface was rather "scratchy". Whatever that "scratchy-ness" is adhered to the concrete and we didn't get the smooth detailed finish that we got with the other leaves.

I guess in art or in life it's ALL trial and error!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for your help. i am going to make a water fall with mine. i can't wait for the finish. i am also going to make a bird bath and something for my parents