Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Preparing our Advent space

Yes, we're one of those Catholic families that put their Christmas decorations up seasonally instead of liturgically.

Sorry.

This year I had nothing to do with it, though. Right after Thanksgiving dinner all four boys got out all our decorations and began putting them up. I kind of watched in wonder as they fussed over the tree decorations, the Nativity figurines, the stockings and such. They know just where everything goes and the history behind our little family treasures. It was nice, actually, not to have to do all the work myself...they've taken over, and so I just lit my favorite scented candles, made a cup of hot tea, and watched from the sidelines as these young men filled our home with lights and traditions.

I wonder if they'll still be so eager when it comes time to take it all down?

No comments: