Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Saving your harvest

I have cherry tomatoes coming out my ears!
To keep them from going to waste, I roasted them and stored them in olive oil. They are delicious on EVERYTHING!

Slice the sweet cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle on salt, pepper, thyme, and crushed garlic. Toss with a generous amount of olive oil and place cut side up on a baking sheet.

Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and store in an air tight container. Will keep on the counter for a few weeks.

So delicious on a piece of crusty french bread slathered with ricotta cheese!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many ladies have told me they dry the cherry tomatoes..not even cutting them in half. They did not mention if they at least puncture them. They said the sweet ones were like candy when they ate them later. Of course they also rehydrated them in cooking recipes too. I never thought of putting them in oil. Thank you for this idea! How you find the time for such good eaten I"ll never know but you sure come up with good ideas!!! My family loves them!! Sarah