Thursday, August 4, 2011

Meatless Fridays

I don't really have a meatless meal this Friday due to my work schedule. But this week I DID discover an incredible accompaniment to any meal. This quick bread is so good and you can add just about anything to this basic mix like jalapenos, bacon, or ham. These can be served with a bowl of soup, chili, or a big garden salad. They must be served right out of the oven and they are truly addictive!

Cheddar Cheese Muffins



1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 stick melted salted butter


Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.
In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Makes 12.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I'm looking forward to making these! I've been keeping your blog page open to remind myself to make them. But seeing as my roommate's away and I'm basically living alone at the moment..... making a batch of muffins for myself might not be the best idea! :)

-Puppi