Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Good bye old friend...

I'm packing away my faithful old sewing machine for grander plans. My sewing desk will now become a changing/dressing table for our new baby girl!


I've been ready to make this change for a while now and finally this weekend I finished the last of the items on my "to do" list...two more nursing dresses for my post-partum wardrobe.

I simply want to rest and gestate on my days off from now on. So if you see me with a sewing needle, glue gun, or knitting loom in my hands...
feel free to smack me!



2 comments:

Therese said...

I really hope your goodbye is not forever. I find the first year after having a baaby, I don't do very much sewing at all but I am looking forward to doing a lot this summer. Joseph is now 19 months and I think I have sewn less than 5 things since he was born.

Anonymous said...

I know you will be getting out the machine and whipping up little dresses etc soon! You have already made so many nice things. Oh yes take some time to relax. I think though, that relax a foreign word to you! :) You always have a project in the wings just waiting for a few spare minutes. You are an inspiration in many ways. Sarah