Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I have shelves!

Yeah, it doesn't take much to make me happy!

Our laundry room is the "catch-all" in our home. It's right off the backyard, so the boys come in all dirty and drop their junk before coming into the house (most of the time!). This room also houses all our homeschooling curricula, which is a monster in and of itself! I begged Doug to build me some shelves, and this week he came through.


Here's the before pic as demolition and cleaning begin:

All nice and clean:

Three HUGE and sturdy shelves with storage underneath:

All finished with crisp white paint!
I pared down our curricula to only what would fit on the shelf. Now it is neat and orderly. I also wanted space to store my pantry hoard stockpile (just like the crazies on Extreme Couponing!). I'm going to get some pretty baskets for the top shelf and some bins for each one of the boys to store their crap in for underneath the the shelving unit.

Ahhh, order. I love organization!
I don't get it much with five kids in the house, but the laundry room is my domain and order WILL rule here...if only for today!

No comments: