Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gettin' my groove back!

So we spent six days in Arkansas,
threw a birthday party for my son's 18th birthday the next day,
then I worked three back-to-back 12 hr. shifts.

Y'all, I was tired!

I did absolutely nothing on Monday but laundry and nap, 
but it seems that I've gotten my second wind today!
I planned and prepared EIGHT freezer meals for the crockpot...

thank you Pinterest!


 These meals worked out to be a little less than ten bucks per meal and it only took me an hour to prepare all eight of them.


Directions are written right on the bags.  All Doug or the boys have to do is take a bag from the freezer, drop the frozen "brick" into the crock pot, set it on low and forget it!  And I get to come home to a home cooked meal on the days that I work...it's a win-win!

Our busy day meal stash includes:
2 packs Asian meatballs
2 packs pepper steak
chicken fajitas
shredded beef burritos
Italian beef sandwiches
chicken curry

Check out this Pinterest link for more crock pot 
freezer cooking recipes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the link. They look great! :) I tell ya, I still think you are supper women working as hard as you do both outside and in your home! :) Sarah