Sunday, September 15, 2013

A quick weekend project

I spent the better part of my weekend recovering from working and caring for our five extra house guests from the week, but I did find some time to do a little therapeutic sewing.  I have been wanting to make this adorable reversible wrap top for quite some time so I dove into my vintage sheets scrap pile and thought the floral print was perfect for the project.


It's a reversible, kimono style, wrap shirt.  I didn't make this one reversible because I really like the sheet print and wanted to keep it simple. 


And even though there is a spring/summer look going on here, I can't wait to make more in fall/winter prints.  I think this little wrap will be perfect over a long sleeve onesie as the weather turns cooler.  I think I'll make future versions with buttons, though.  Mary Grace really likes to undo the pretty bow at the side!

And how adorable are those flutter sleeves?  
I could eat them up!
 (as well as that little red headed model!)

To get this free pattern and tutorial for yourself, 

No comments: