Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spring sewing

When I'm not out in the garden, I find myself sitting in front of my sewing machine these days.  Spring is here and that means lots of little dresses are in the works for Miss Mary Grace. 
 I tend to stick with the same patterns 
but I love the different looks 
that these bold prints give. 


 These are different versions of The Sally Dress.  
Above is sleeveless and below is the short sleeve version.  
Both sport those wonderful oversized pockets 
that Mary Grace loves 
(and so do I!).


 But my newest obsession is this sweet little 


This simple dress comes with directions for a whole host of variations including sleeveless, flutter sleeves, faux cap sleeves, gathers, pleats, pockets, etc...  My favorite look is the faux cap sleeve with side pockets, it just has little Miss M written all over it!


It is the perfect light dress 
for spring and summer. 


Perfect for pockets full of bird seed and rocks, 
and for running outside barefoot to chase her big brothers!


But please, no doodle bugs or snails in the pockets, Mary~
They're pretty gross after a run through the washer and dryer!


1 comment:

Fred paccana said...

An amazing post! I love the humour and the pattern even more. Thank you for sharing, I look forward to seeing what else you have :)